What we do.
/ / Sanjeev Kumar
/ / Murray Ackroyd
/ / Fern Cairns
/ / Glenn Gardiner
/ / Victoria Wynn
/ / Kirsten Crawford
/ / Pete Smith
/ / James Suter
/ / Martin Swann
/ / Tegan Wardle
/ / Ian Helliwell
/ / Michelle Gilbert
/ / Priscilla Strong
/ / Alice I-Chen Wu
/ / Alana Norris
Dickson Lonergan Architects (DLA) was founded in Whanganui in 1974 with founding partners Bruce Dickson (retired) and the late Barry Lonergan. Once fully established in the Whanganui region, DLA then started to expand the business, first into Wellington in 1999 with Barry and Glenn starting up the capital city office. Then came the Timaru Office headed up by Murray Ackroyd in 2005 and the further expansion to Hamilton in 2010 with Martin Swann. The opportunity then arose to open an Auckland office in 2015 with Alana moving north from Wellington. Now with 5 offices, DLA has evolved from its humble beginnings into a nationwide practice, with a passionate team of architects and designers who specialise in all fields from commercial, residential, industrial, interiors, education and public projects through to DLA’s main stay of large scale dairy and food processing architecture.
why work at DLA?
we here at dla thrive in a family culture thick with vibrancy and creativity. our projects are as diverse as our people with a collaborative environment and continual support from the five studios throughout new zealand. we are always on the hunt for like-minded individuals so if this sounds like a bit of you go on and send us your c.v. in the box below...
currently available positions
Business Managerapply now
We are seeking a star to join our architectural practice in Wellington as a Business Manager. With offices in Wellington, Timaru, Hamilton, Tauranga and Auckland, the role is a busy one and requires energy, commitment, patience and a great sense of humour. The position involves all aspects of office management including: Financial management including debtor […]
We are seeking a star to join our architectural practice in Wellington as a Business Manager. With offices in Wellington, Timaru, Hamilton, Tauranga and Auckland, the role is a busy one and requires energy, commitment, patience and a great sense of humour.
The position involves all aspects of office management including:
- Financial management including debtor invoicing, accounts payable, IRD requirements, preparing monthly financial reporting for the company’s external accountants and developing annual budgets
- Payroll timesheet confirmation via Xero and liaison with external payroll contractor
- HR including assisting with staff performance reviews
- Health & Safety management
- Project management and reporting
- Assisting with client marketing
- IT coordination & maintaining the intranet site
- Liaison with our business consultant
- Attending and reporting on management team meetings
- Reception duties, travel bookings, maintaining office records, attending, and general administration duties.
We require a talented individual with the following attributes;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ideally skilled in Xero and WorkflowMax software
- Strong organisational skills, good time management and the ability to manage your own workload around the demands of the position
- Have a winning personality: proactive, friendly, approachable, and professional
- Previous experience in similar administrative role is an advantage
Please note; This role is based in Wellington and is a full time role. Applicants need to be currently residing in New Zealand and legally entitled to work here.
To apply, we need the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work with us
- An up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant work experience
Applications close: Friday 23rd October 2020 but we will be reviewing applicants as we go so get your application in. For full job description, please email email@example.com We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Victoria Wynn – Business Manager
DLA Architects Limited
PO Box 27-144